Kinetic / Surface diffraction holography
The beauty of holography
- Perfect for labels and a wide variety of packaging finishes
- Ideal for magazines, book and album covers and other print media
- Deliver eco-friendly packaging that's contemporary and glossy
- Use holography to incorporate anti-counterfeit measures into packaging and make your brand look difficult to copy
- Leverage holography to create stunning and eye-catching designs
- Enjoy standard finishes or incorporate unique artwork (and it's also possible to incorporate two different types of holography on the same application)
- Ideal for use with special occasion packaging and labels such as anniversaries, product launches, prizes etc
- Holography can be used to elevate the look of your products and showcase premium appeal
- AR Metallizing's design team are always on hand to help our holography customers with design and customization questions
- As our holography is delivered print-ready it can help shorten supply chains: even when compared to conventional packaging
- Our hologrphic papers complement the trend for thinner, lighter packaging
- Benefit from our prototyping service as standard
Premium looks at competitive prices
Not only does holography add an exciting and eye-catching element to packaging and labels, it has a very reasonable price tag, too.
Holography: a designer's dream
Holography offers an ideal surface on which to incorporate print design. Clever use of inks, colors and white ink coverage can all elevate holography even further.
Timeless, contemporary and eco-friendly
Holography is contemporary and yet timeless, too. Most importantly, it’s plastic-free and entirely recyclable, meaning it’s a sustainable label and packaging option.
|AR Metallizing Pro support||Included|
|Available in UltraShine|
|Available in Holographic|
|Available two sided coating|
|Print methods||Gravure, Commercial Offset, UV Offset, Flexography, Digital*|
|Augmented Reality Prototype||On request|
|Other finishes and options||Contact us|
Benefits for printers
Our holographic paper is easy to work with. It runs like regular paper and is printable in nearly all technologies Printers enjoy operational efficiencies, such as:
- Production efficiency you can expect with standard white papers
- We offer a variety of widths to fit your equipment and support your customers’ requests.
- Our metallized paper compatible with contemporary printing techniques
- Is suited to all types of ink
- Runs efficiently on printing presses to maximize impressions per minute
Benefits for convertors
Our holographic paper can be used for a variety of applications, and our creative team remain on-hand to help support you throughout the conversion process. Our holographic paper will:
- Is available worldwide
- Support market entry with successful launches of new brands
- Gain operational efficiency
- Provide a reliable supply chain which also affords you flexibility when you need it
- Waste suitable to be recycled
Benefits for brands
Our holographic papers are easy for brands to incorporate onto packaging, labels and a variety of other applications, and it is ideal for creating an impact with consumers. It offers benefits such as:
- Catch and retain consumer attention
- Convey your brand is of superior quality
- High gloss and smoothness leaving a lasting impression for your customers along with sustainable alternative to foils and films
- Is a recyclable monomaterial
- Nurture brand connection
Leaving a lasting impression with high gloss and smoothness.
Compatible with a wide range of printing technologies.
Reliable and high-quality assured.
Meeting industry and regulatory requirements.
Striking the balance between economy and quality.
Sustainable and recyclable alternative to film and foil.
Variety of widths
Available in different widths to support the converting base.
Designed to meet the specific needs of different industries.
Less waste at end of supply chain.
Ultimate looks, ultimate shelf appeal: stand out with with striking and distinctive holographic finishes for packaging and labels.
FAQ about Kinetic / Surface diffraction holography
Does Holography print and convert differently than silver metallized product?
Holography performs similarly to standard metallized paper and does not require any additional steps or special inks or processes. The product may need to run at speeds slightly slower than normal printing run speeds for say a white coated paper but ultimately it performs like any other coated paper during printing and converting.
Can I get seamless holography?
In holography there is what is called a seam or shim line that is a part of the holography process. It is possible to eliminate and or minimize the number seam (shim) lines and also to hide these lines inherent in the holography process.
How is holography made?
To create a holographic pattern an additional production step within the direct metallizing process is required and that happens after our pre-coating is applied and before metallizing begins. Holography patterns are embossed into our pre-coat prior to metallization and once metallized the image/pattern comes alive with color and imagery.
Does holography have to cover the full application?
In direct metallizing process, yes, holography must cover the whole application. It is possible to utilize more than one type of holography to create the illusion of spot holography which can be done with registered printing.
I don’t fully understand the difference between the different types of holography. What are the effects?
It is totally understandable to a little confused by the different types of holography: it's often a surprise that so many options are available!
Is it only possible to use one type of holography on a single application?
It is absolutely possible to use more than one type of holography on a single application. Because of the stunning effect pairing two types of holography can have, this can be a favorite option for designers, who are able to create some incredible finishes.
How long does it take to produce my holography order?
AR Metallizing always makes our holography to order which means that there is a slightly longer lead time than with our standard papers or films.
Why is holography so useful as an anti-counterfeit measure?
AR Metallizing has patented technology to create a hologram for security purposes. Our holographic security papers are designed with functional properties to fit a variety of applications.
Can AR Metallizing help us visualize our designs or show how the artwork will look?
We are proud to support our clients by with creative services to help them visualize holographic finishes as well as providing insights into which type of holography might fit their application or packaging best. We provide creative assistance that runs from the mockup stage all the way through to post-production and consulting with printers and converters.