Make replacement parts and new parts, from blueprints and other specifications, to required tolerances and finish. Assemble machines and auxiliary equipment from prints and documentation, including wiring and piping diagrams. Perform most work under general supervision, but reports to the Operations Manager.
The hours for this position are 7pm-7am Wednesday/Thursday/Friday + every other Saturday.
- Set up and operate all types of machine tools.
- Dismantle, move, and make necessary repairs or replacements to machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Assemble parts into units or completed machines, makes necessary repairs to machines and does other mechanical work as specified.
- Remove machines and their parts and moves to and from machine shop, if necessary, for repair.
- Set up and operate all types of machine tools; read and work from blueprints and other specifications, and perform other duties as directed.
- Install and replace belts on a preventative maintenance basis or in the course of other repair work on a machine.
- Able to heat treat parts, weld, and braze.
- May work under supervision of engineers.
- Required to have customary tools of the trade.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in an orderly condition.
- Responsible for adherence to Company’s policies.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Manage RCRA and state classified hazardous waste.
- Trade School Certificate and 2-4 years related experience OR equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Read and comprehend required safety policies and regulations, as well as products and process documentation.
- Read and interpret safety rules and regulations and other company policies for clear understanding.
- Perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ability to analyze and troubleshoot.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Lifting 50 lbs. Maximum and with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional exposure to fumes, dirt, chemicals and noise.
AR Metallizing, LTD. 24Forge Parkway, Franklin, MA 02038
AR Metallizing Associates shall comply with all applicable Environmental, Health, and Safety requirements per Federal and State regulations. Working safely is a condition of employment and it is expected that all associates will adhere to plant safety regulations at all times. It is expected that all employees act as a role model for safety excellence, looking out for their safety as well as their co-workers.
All employees of AR Metallizing must adhere to the Quality Standards and Policies set forth in the Quality Manual.