Position: Maintenance Supervisor
AR Metallizing is world leader in the production of coated metallized paper for flexible packaging and labels. Metallized paper is a sustainable alternative to foil or film and is used in the production of functional, barrier, cosmetic, labelling and promotional packaging products for major brands. AR Metallizing serves food, beverage, consumer packaging goods, entertainment industries. It supplies its innovative products to customers worldwide from production sites in Belgium (Genk), Italy, (Casalgrasso), Brazil (Osasco, SP), United States (Franklin, MA) and Germany (Berlin). Thanks to a continuous investment in people, technology, quality and environmental protection, AR Metallizing consists of a group of over 600 highly committed and passionate people, guaranteeing a high level of specialist expertise.
Role in the company
The Maintenance Supervisor will work in close collaboration with the Site Management and will be in contact with a global team for best practices transfer and technical support.
This motivated hands-on professional will be a key leader in Osasco site and will drive rapid improvements in his / her area. (S)he will work close to production and quality coordinators to ensure the department has been managed in accordance with ISO standards and local regulations.
The maintenance supervisor will manage his/her own cost centres of maintenance and the site’s infrastructure as well as energy cost. (S)he will be proposing investment projects.;
(S)he will oversee and coach a team of 8 mechanics and technicians, 1 purchasing analyst and two contractors. (S)he will be responsible for the complex machine park (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic) of ARM’s Brazilian site, designing and implementing preventive maintenance plans, structured maintenance methodologies and systems.
The maintenance supervisor will be the counterpart for suppliers and vendors in her/his domain. This position reports to Process Engineer / Maintenance Manager.
We are looking for someone who is/has:
- Minimum engineering degree - preferably mechanical, electrical or automation - or equivalent gained though experience;
- Previous experience in supervising or coordinating Experience with CAD software;
- Minimum of 4 years in a technical position in a manufacturing company;
- Eager to learn, with appetite to investigate root causes;
- Driven and proactive personality;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Proven problem-solving ability;
- Project management and lean manufacturing fundamentals are differentiators;
- Experience in the printing, paper, packaging industry will be considered as a plus.
The Maintenance Manager gets the opportunity to shape an exciting, vibrant company in a crucial phase of its evolution. (S)he will work side by side a diverse and fun team.
Travel: typically < 5%
Language: Minimum basic English
Location: Osasco - SP, Brazil