The Maintenance Supervisor provides direction to the Maintenance Department with specific focus on preventive and timely corrective maintenance of process, facility, and auxiliary equipment. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Develop and sustain appropriate preventive and corrective equipment repairs.
- Ensure safety is the top priority of the department, including ensuring that all team members provide a safe working environment.
- Coordinate with external contractors for on-site work.
- Establish operating indicators (metrics) which measure departmental performance on a regular basis and communicate this information to upper management, critical customers and employees.
- Pursue stretch goals which continue to improve key indicators beyond conventional means, which result in the lowest practical manufacturing costs.
- Implement ongoing productivity improvement programs.
- Actively participate in capital planning, implementation, and new process development efforts.
- Support the introduction of new technology.
- Establish and maintain a strong manufacturing customer focus throughout the department and in support of plant-wide operations.
- Provide a high level of “hands-on” technical support while demonstrating strong leadership and management initiative.
- Ensure high quality and cost effective repairs are supplied on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with production, customers and suppliers.
- Establish a skilled and competent work force focusing on team building and problem solving.
- Improve upon the Company’s current 5S procedures.
- Develop strong, positive communication links with Production, Sales, Finance, Quality, Human Resources and Supply Chain.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the unit in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Lead weekly maintenance meetings to update key stakeholders on all KPIs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a science-related field preferred.
- At least 3-5 years in a supervisory role required.
- 5-10 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Knowledge in the area of electro-mechanical systems, systems controls, large manufacturing equipment including pumps, motors, and converting equipment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Office365 Suite required.
- Experience with CMS software is a plus.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Lifting up to 50 pounds and occasional carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional exposure to fumes, dirt, chemicals and noise.
Location: Franklin, MA
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work environment is a manufacturing environment.
Interested? Apply to: email@example.com
AR Metallizing Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer