AR Metallizing is world leader in the production of coated metallized paper for flexible packaging and labels. Metallized paper is a sustainable alternative to foil or film and is used in the production of functional, barrier, cosmetic, labelling and promotional packaging products for major brands. AR Metallizing serves food, beverage, consumer packaging goods, entertainment industries. It supplies its innovative products to customers worldwide from production sites in Belgium (Genk), Italy, (Casalgrasso), Berlin (Germany), Brazil (Osasco) and the United States (Franklin, MA). Thanks to a continuous investment in people, technology, quality and environmental protection, AR Metallizing consists of a group of over 600 highly committed and passionate people, guaranteeing a high level of specialist expertise.
Are you an energetic, motivated and resourceful Operations manager? To ensure ARM’s continuous growth towards the highest levels of customer satisfaction through high quality products, efficient operational processes and service levels, we are looking for a driven Operations manager with a proven track record, who is capable of leading and steering the Operations team of the plant in Osasco in a safe and efficient way. We are serving and focusing on (new) metallized paper label & printing business segment, and drive operational excellence initiatives to create demand for metallized paper. You are great at developing and engaging the full Operations team in order to produce and to work in a safe and high performing manner as well as by supporting any innovation projects. In this position you report directly to the Site Manager ad interim.
- Leading the full operations team in an engaged manner and steering Operational processes based on KPI metrics to follow overall production performance;
- Ability to continuously coach the Operations team: production supervisor, quality team, process engineer, shift leaders and employees on the site floor;
- Lead and execute capex projects together with the process engineer and maintenance team;
- Advise on best team set up on operations, encouraging a multidisciplinary environment, striving for flexibility of the operations team
- Establishing and maintaining constructive and positive relationships with all stakeholders in the organization whilst safeguarding a good social atmosphere;
- Being a go-to person for any advice and decision-making situation. Leading the daily meetings in a motivating and clear way so that actions are followed up with care and ownership;
- Responsible for an optimal and sustainable use of people, machines and other means while considering all production demands, capacity, quality demands & standards and budget;
- Ensuring that all quality standards are known and met within the operations team and processes;
- Always complying with all Environment, Health & Safety measures;
- Analyzing and optimizing the production process by closely monitoring key performance indicators;
- Actively supporting Research & Development by identifying product improvements and developments;
- Identifying and initiating improvement projects such as waste, productivity, through- and output etc.
- BS or MS degree in engineering or any other significant Operations Management or Chemical degree
- Minimum of 10-12yrs years’ experience in production management role; (background in paper/labeling/packaging industry is a plus);
- Empathetic people manager that has natural authority for people to want to engage with and follow
- Clear communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Experience with project management
- Proven experience in managing projects
- Experience with innovation and new projects;
- Strong decision-making abilities and being able to interact in a matrix organization;
- Experience in a multicultural and professional environment
- Able to negotiate vendor contracts and purchasing agreements
- Ambition to further develop and grow in organization
- Competent in MS office in word, excel and PowerPoint.
Travel: approx. 10%
Languages: Portuguese (native/fluent) and fluency in English;
Location: Osasco, Sao Paulo
Apply to Leonie Wolters VP Human Resources directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only English applications will be considered.
AR Metallizing Produtos Metalizados is an Equal Opportunity Employer