Does making an efficient production schedule sound like an exciting puzzle to you? Are you driven by analytics and optimization? Are you a creative thinker who likes to maximize resources and production capability? You could be AR Metallizing’s next Planning Manager! As the main planner you are the control room of the production management team. Planning Manager will organize production according to supply, demand and quality standards. You are the one to ensure all goods are produced on time and in the most efficient and profitable way possible.
The Planning Manager is well-versed in production procedures and ways to optimize them, is organized and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. Advanced communication and computer skills are a must for the role. The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of the production operations.
The Planning Manager reports to the Global Planning Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate production workflow for one or multiple products
- Responsible for orders and just in time delivery of raw materials
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Schedule shift according to production needs
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives etc.)
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports
- Follows the guidelines of quantities to produce and informs global planning about capacity and/or demand changes
- Collaborate with quality control, warehouse and other staff
- Leads or participates in special projects, such as IT implementation, and other duties as requested.
- Reports and documents quarterly the aging of the stock and looks for best solution to reduce
- Keeps all inventory (RM, WIP, FP/2nd choice) under control and reports monthly
- Monthly follow up of agreed bonus levels for raw materials
Requirements & skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years related experience required
- You communicate effectively throughout the organization
- You work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as a strong business partner of operations manager and production supervisors
- You have strong analytical skills and a critical mind-set; enjoy working with numbers and highly detailed
- You are a team player, proactive and hands-on
- You are motivated, optimistic and always strive for improvement
- You are an active listener (able to reformulate and synthetize) and have an assertive communication (able to stand up when needed); a proactive participant in meetings
- You are structured, autonomous and self-starter
- You have a thorough knowledge of MS Office applications; expert in Excel
Apply to: Lauren O'Neill - firstname.lastname@example.org
AR Metallizing Associates shall comply with all applicable Environmental, Health, and Safety requirements per Federal and State regulations. Working safely is a condition of employment and it is expected that all associates will adhere to plant safety regulations at all times. It is expected that all employees act as a role model for safety excellence, looking out for their safety as well as their co-workers.
All employees of AR Metallizing must adhere to the Quality Standards and Policies set forth in the Quality Manual.