Do you thrive in a manufacturing environment, being fully responsible for all areas related to financial reporting and accounting for the site? As a trusted business advisor to the Site Management team, the Plant Controller will use critical thinking and analytical skills to identify, drive, and support business improvements throughout the site and its processes. Using financial data to create commercial success is a priority.
With your team consisting of 2 finance professionals, the Plant Controller is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position is characterized by managing important processes with tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting and payroll activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, yearend audit preparation, budget and forecasting, and payroll activities. The position reports directly to the Site Manager & Finance Director of the Americas.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements, reports and schedules according to ARM Group’s closing schedule;
- Manage all accounting operations and supervise the accurate processing of payroll;
- Facilitate, complete and coordinate monthly closing procedures, including monthly account reconciliations and analysis, accrual calculations, CAPEX analysis, intercompany reconciliation;
- Analyze revenues and direct, indirect costs and SGA expenses and report on variances;
- Collaborate with the Finance Director of Americas to ensure a clean and timely year-end financial audit and assist with tax audits;
- Work with the Company’s tax advisor to manage & comply with local, state & federal government reporting requirements & tax filings; Monitor, develop and implement conformity with all regulatory guidance and group internal policies & procedures;
- Coordinate, resolve and improve ad-hoc issues identified from reporting and reconciliation (e.g. cash reconciliation with banks);
- Prepare and monitor the credit control process,
- Forecast cash flow positions;
- Provide improvement opportunities with respect to the level of expenses incurred by the Company in various departments and advise on exceptional items.;
- Monitor actuals versus budgeted results and address concerns directly with area responsible managers;
- Maintain, modify, document, and coordinate implementation of accounting systems and group & local policies in order to secure control procedures;
- Actively participate in the upgrade of the ERP used by the company (AX Dynamics);
- Supervise team of 2staff accountants: motivate and manage the team and ensure that work is properly delegated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the payroll data input. Uses automated payroll system to produce accurate and timely payroll;
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management and external audits (e.g. annual workers compensation audit);
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws;
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Ensure department remains current on payroll systems to maximize operational efficiencies and achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related processes to ensure effective accounting support;
- Facilitate management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Must have an Accounting degree and at least 7 to 10 years of experience
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus
- Having a thorough understanding of GAAP
- Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles
- Knowledge of federal and state wage and hour laws and requirements
- Hyperion and AX experience is a plus
- Automated payroll systems experience; Paycor a plus
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and adherence to policies & procedures
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an (internal) customer service focus
- Ability to act and work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to deliver results, solve problems and maximize performance while interacting with different internal and external stakeholders
- Motivated, optimistic, and driven by improvements
- Structured, autonomous and self-starter
- Neutral and ability to think on your feet using facts
- Management experience (lead, direct, hire, fire, discipline, evaluate)
- Act as the leading expert for the site on all accounting, payroll matters
- Acts as a member of site leadership
Location: Franklin, MA
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Work environment is an office environment.
- Must be able to sit at work station for extended period of time.
- High utilization of office equipment, phone, computer, fax, etc.
Interested? Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AR Metallizing Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer